Only six more days till Christmas! To help get myself into the spirit of the season I borrowed this survey from one of my favorite expat blogs.
1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
Eggnog! I truly do not understand people that hate eggnog, it’s like hating babies.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored lights! White lights are nice, but they don’t have the personality of colored lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope. I don’t even know where that tradition comes from. I will be asking Professor Google as soon as I am done answering these questions.
5. When do you hang your decorations up?
The day after Thanksgiving is the start of the Christmas season in my world, so I would say as soon as the clock strikes midnight after Turkey Day it is game on.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
My Mother’s sausage dressing
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Falling asleep on the sofa staring at the christmas tree
8. What is on your Christmas wish list?
I feel like I should say world peace….. so yeah…. lets go with that….
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
My family is strangely militant about not opening gifts until Christmas morning. My entire life I have been trying to implement the One Gift on Christmas Eve tradition. So far I have zero supporters.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Not my job.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it?
12. Real tree or fake tree?
I like the idea of a real tree but my entire life I have been a fake tree person
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Spending time with my family
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
16. What is your favorite tradition?
Watching Christmas movies with Dad
17. What tops your tree?
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
I have to be honest here… when I first read this question I giggled like a ten year old boy. I feel like I may be too immature to answer this question.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Ooohhh, tough one. I have to break this up into secular/religious. Favorite secular song: Baby, its cold outside; Favorite religious song: Do you hear what I hear
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum?
Yum, but only one or two a year, too many and they start to taste gross
21. Favorite Christmas movie?
22. What do you leave for Santa?
Nothing. Sorry big guy.
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
For the past couple of years my tradition has been nagging my family to gather around the tree for a family portrait. Their tradition appears to be rolling their eyes at me.
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
One day for shopping at the mall, everything else online
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card?
My laziness prevents me from sending anything, but I do love when I get Christmas letters.