The other day I found this article about the 10 things you should do in every city you visit:
- Sample the local cuisine
- Sip the country’s signature drink
- Visit a museum
- See a local craftsman at work
- Ride the local public transport system
- Learn some basic phrases in the local language
- Have an experience in nature
- Befriend a local
- Browse a local market
- Watch a cultural tradition or ceremony
Since I tend to travel alone (and am not in the market to be roofied), I will probably not be asking many random strangers to dinner, but the rest of the list is totally doable.
Even if you are not traveling to a foreign city, I think a lot of these ideas can be used close to home. I am going to check off a few of these items this weekend, will report back!
Is it wrong that I want to see a shark with a laser? I’m pretty sure man-eating koalas are mythical creatures.
I am pretty interested in the backpacker murderers…